Month: July 2018

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has welcomed Senate President, Bukola Saraki to its fold. Mainnews.Blog

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has welcomed Senate President, Bukola Saraki to its fold.
This was made known in a post on Twitter on Tuesday, July 31, 2018.

The PDP said “Breaking News! The President of the Nigerian Senate @SPNigeria @NGRSsenate Senator Bukola Saraki @bukolasaraki has also dumped the failed and dysfunctional @OfficialAPCNg and has returned to the PDP. @OfficialPDPNig. We welcome him back home. PDP! Power to the people.”

— Official PDP Nigeria (@) 2013-07-22 14:22:09.0

Saraki had earlier announced on social media that he has resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He said “I wish to inform Nigerians that, after extensive consultations, I have decided to take my leave of the All Progressives Congress (APC).”

Ben Bruce excited
Also, Senator Ben Bruce expressed excitement at the Senate President’s announcement.

He had this to say on Twitter: “Today, I am excited to welcome home to the @OfficialPDPNig, the very sagacious and excellent leader and president of the @NGRSenate, Distinguished Sen. @bukolasaraki. The @APCNigeria failed at putting you down, and inadvertently succeeded in making you stronger. Welcome home.”

— Ben Murray-Bruce (@) 2013-07-22 14:22:09.0

The PDP spokesman, Kola Ologbondinyan also put out a Tweet welcoming the Senate President to the party.

— Kola Ologbondiyan (@) 2013-07-22 14:22:09

Advertisements

Riyad Mahrez has been given the all-clear to return to training later this week after picking up an ankle knock, MainNews.Blog

Riyad Mahrez has been given the all-clear to return to training later this week after picking up an ankle knock.

City’s new signing was withdrawn from the action after being fouled by Bayern Munich’s Chris Richards during the first half of Saturday’s 3-2 win over Bayern Munich.
Subsequent pictures emerged showing Mahrez wearing a protective boot on his left foot upon his return to Manchester.

However, a scan today has revealed no significant damage, and he could be available for selection for this weekend’s Community Shield against Chelsea..

Get Whatsapp alart 08153164013

Promote Ur Music And Videos…..

Female Officer Caught Sleeping With Prisoner In Correctional Facility, Mainnews.Blog

A female corrections officer, who had resigned from an Australian jail after it emerged she’d been sleeping with an inmate who was locked up for killing a policeman, has been arrested for engaging in sexual activities within the prison premises.

Janel Sands, 26, who was working as a corrections officer at the Deberry Special Needs Facility in Nashville, Tennessee, when the alleged incidents occurred, was arrested and charged with having sex with an inmate.

According to an indictment obtained by Fox 17, Sands had sexual contact with the same inmate once in March and once in April.

Sands was booked into the Davidson County Jail on Thursday morning.

The inmate she reportedly had sex with is assigned to the Trousdale Turner Correctional Center.

Following the revelation and arrest of Sands, the Tennessee Department of Corrections, TDOC, has vowed to prosecute the correctional officer.

In a statement, the TDOC said Sands behaviour did not only violate the TDOC Code of Conduct, but it is also criminal and strictly prohibited by state and federal law.

“Not only does this type of behavior violate the TDOC Code of Conduct, this behavior is criminal and strictly prohibited by state and federal law. The safe and secure operation of prisons is key to the Department’s mission and any threat to that mission will be rooted out and dealt with to the fullest extent of the law. As you can see from the vigorous prosecution by the Department, this type of behavior will never be tolerated by TDOC.”
Sands was charged with having sex with prisoners or inmates. She is being held on $3,500 bond.

Whatsapp 08153464013

Buhari Tells Supporters To Stop Campaigning For His Re-Election For Now, Mainnews.Blog

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday appealed to his supporters across the country to pause on campaigns to re-elect him for second term in office.

According to the President, such activities at this time could amount to jumping the gun since the Independent National Electoral Commission has timetable for the electoral process.

Buhari said this in a statement made available to journalist by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.

The President who had long made know his interest to run for a second term in office in the 2019 Presidential election, said he appreciated his supporters’ enthusiasm which he said was borne out of their desire to garner support for an administration that is actuated by nothing else, other than service for motherland.

He told them that there would be ample opportunity for them to showcase his administration’s achievements and campaign for him when the time comes.

The statement read, “It has been observed that some fervent supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari have begun what may be interpreted as political campaigns in their advocacies and advertisements in the mass media.

“We appreciate their enthusiasm, borne out of desire to garner support for an administration that is actuated by nothing else, other than service for motherland, but we hereby appeal for patience, so that the game can be played according to the rules.

“The Independent National Electoral Commission has a timetable for political campaigns, and we urge committed supporters round the country (and beyond) to be mindful of such.

“There will be ample time ahead to trumpet the good works of the Buhari administration, and solicit re-election, all for the good of our country and her people.

“While a chronicle of the achievements of the administration is in order now, outright canvasing may amount to jumping the gun. We are an administration committed to due process and scrupulous respect for rules, law and order.

“We appreciate our massive supporters nationwide, and urge them to exercise restraint till the race commences officially as stipulated by law.”

Promote Your Music And Videos, Projects Publication, News Publication, and Bussines, etc

Whatsapp 08153164013

Email us Through Mainnews.blog@gmail.com

Breaking: Finally Actress Ini Edo Is Pregnant, Mainnews.Blog

Ever since Ini Edo ‘s marriage went down the drain years back, not so much has been heard about her love life.The actress, who is currently a brand ambassador for a sliming tea, has trimmed down tremendously, despite the distaste people showed towards it.Ini never took to heart all the condemnation she received, as that didn’t stop her for going to her fitness class or taking her slimming tea.Recently, news is going round that the actress is three months into the nine months course every woman goes through already.

In recognition to her contribution to the film making in Nigeria, she was made a Glo Ambassador by the telecom giant Globacom. She is also recently signed a deal to be the Face of Chivita, the popular juice manufacturers. Ini is married to Philip Ehiagwina and loves reading novels, watching films and dancing in her spare time.Also, news of the father of her child is also unheard, but we anticipate more juicy details and we would keep you updated

ini-edo-1According to Niajagist.com, the beauty that has stopped attending fitness classes and social functions would be living the country soon.If this rumor has any truth in it, this only means Ini Edo has joined the Baby Mama’s group, as we all know she didn’t remarry.Iniekim Edo, popularly known as Ini Edo is a Nigerian actress. She was born on April 19, 1982 in Calabar, Cross River state, into a family of six.

She attended Cornelia Connelly College in Calabar for her secondary school education, and crowned it with a diploma in Theatre Arts from the University of Uyo in Akwa Ibom. She later went on to study for a full degree in English at the University of Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria.Her foray in Nollywood started during a school strike, when she went with a friend to an audition. She got the role in the film ‘Child of Destiny’. However her breakout role came when she acted in the film, ‘World Apart’(2004) and since then she has not looked back, going on to act in more than 100 films such as ‘Games women Play’ Games Men Play and the sequel ‘Reloaded’.Ini opened a new chapter in her career when she executive produced a soon-to-be-released film, ‘Memories of my Heart’.

I don’t regret walking out of my marriage – Actress, Ini Edo

Ini Edo said she is happy to have divorced her husband. Ini Edo got married to an American based businessman, Phillip in 2008.She allegedly walked out of the marriage in September, 2014 following accusations of domestic violence and cheating.the actress cited irresolvable differences and incompatibility as the major reasons for the crash of her marriage.Ini Edo said that closeness should have, may be, saved her marriage since her former husband was in America and she in Nigeria.She said, “May be being together would have helped keep us together. Because it would enable us study and understand each other more. May be it would helped but I’m not sure.

Asked if her estranged husband was comfortable with her kind of job, she said, “He met me an actress and I believe he was okay with that.“Actually he complained. My work takes my time and interferes with so many things.“I tried to keep my [movie] roles as decent as possible when I got married. But naturally, there are certain roles you won’t be allowed to play. “Even when you are allowed to play them, you can reject them not just because of your husband but you got relations as well.Asked if her former husband’s family interfered in her marriage, she added, “He was the last child, so family members will try to see if their child is doing okay.
“I try not to regret [the time I spent in marriage] but I will say, it’s been an experience I have learnt a lot from. It made me a stronger person. It made me wiser and I think it actually made me more mature.”

Whatsapp 08153164013

PROMOTE UR MUSIC AND VIDEOS THROUH Mainnews.blog

2018 Best Player Award: FIFA releases nominees [Full list]

World Football governing body, FIFA, has released the nominees for The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2018.

The list is made up of players that put up outstanding performances in their various club sides last season.

The 2017 edition of the award was won by former Real Madrid forward, Cristaino Ronaldo after he helped the club to the Champions League and La Liga titles.

Nominees for the 2018 edition are:

Cristiano Ronaldo
Kevin De Bruyne
Antoine Griezmann
Eden Hazard
Harry Kane
Kylian Mbappe
Lionel Messi
Luka Modric
Mohamed Salah
Raphael Varane

Categories: Sport
Tags: 2018 Best Player Award, FIFA
DON’T MISS

FIFA gives final verdict on Neymar’s case against Barcelona

FIFA threatens to throw Spain out of 2018 World Cup

FIFA withdraws Bronze Boot from Nwakali, awards it to Chukwueze

Prince Ali calls for FIFA elections to be postponed

Platini’s lawyer claims FIFA want to ban him for life

Nigeria remain 53rd in September FIFA rankings

Leave a Comment
Mainnews.blog

Nigeria’s React To Senetor’s Malaye’s Kidnap

“Senator Dino Melaye was reportedly kidnapped this morning in Gwagalada on his way to answer his case in court in Lagos.

His colleague, senator Ben Murray Bruce broke the news via his Twitter account, adding that Moses Melaya, Senator Melaye’s brother had given him the information.

Nigerians have however taken to social media to react to the news. While some are of the opinion that the Kogi lawmaker might have been one to stage his own abduction, some others are just plain tired of the various dramas playing out in Nigeria.

See reactions below
I wholeheartedly condemn the abduction of @dino_melaye. I implore those that have kidnapped him to return him home safely to his family and loved ones. I urge the Federal Government to do its job and protect the Nigerian people before it is too late.

— Femi Fani-Kayode (@realFFK) July 26, 2018

Dino Melaye has been kidnapped on his way to Lokoja. >Ben Bruce

Some Moron will still believe this stupidity.

— Ibrahim Ijaola (@ijaola_ibrahim) July 26, 2018

Another day, another Dino Melaye headline

— Ebuka Obi-Uchendu (@Ebuka) July 26, 2018

Plot twist… What if Dino Melaye planned his own kidnap just to gain public sympathy?

— Wale Adetona (@iSlimfit) July 26, 2018

Who will rescue Dino Melaye?

This man has been shouting that his life is in danger.
The police ignored him,withdrew his security & APC herdsmen mocked him saying he faked his neckbrace. Did he also fake his own kidnap?!

— Miz Cazorla (@MizCazorla1) July 26, 2018

Similar case, Saraki was on his way to honor police invitation, before police blocked him. Dino on his way to court, but was abducted. This a Nollywood script similar to neck brace story. Please look for another script.

— olatunji k abiodun (@ABIE4REAL) July 26, 2018

Who has now kidnapped Dino Melaye? Can’t y’all corrupt politicians just get along?

— Imoh Umoren (@ImohUmoren) July 26, 2018

Dino Melaye said to be abducted on the way to court today.
Condolences to his family.

I have deep concerns as to why anyone would abduct a man already going to face the law.
And I also hope this is not a self-arranged kidnap to avoid court.

Oh Nigeria.
The drama never ends.

— YourFavOnlineDoctor (@DrOlufunmilayo) July 26, 2018

Why must it be only him they attack every time he’s to be present in court

— Law Jnr (@IamJoggy) July 26, 2018

NFF Awards 2018: Player Of The Year Nominees, Mainnews.blog

Goal assesses the nominees for the men’s Player of the Year award at the inaugural NFF awards

COMMENT By Solace Chukwu Follow on Twitter

Of all award categories of the maiden NFF Awards, the Men’s Player of the Year is probably the easiest to call.

Remarkably, for an individual award, there are two nominees who for most of the year have largely functioned in a defensive capacity. Even more so, the pure attacker is the least likely to come up trumps, although not for a lack of effort.

In this feature, Goal assesses each nominee, and their respective arguments for the award.

Victor Moses

As far as the career of Victor Moses goes, 2017 was veritably red-letter. The preliminary evidence would seem to suggest that the spurt of growth has continued into the New Year as well.

The first half of 2017 saw the wideman complete his transformation arc from winger to wing-back, and his contribution was vital as Chelsea ended the Premier League campaign as deserving champions.

Whilst a specialist position, there is an argument that a less fundamentally attacking player might have struggled to interpret the specific role which the full-backs played for Conte’s Chelsea in that 3-4-3 system.

Moses stats | 2016-17

His impressive performances were not restricted to the club scene, however. As it turned out, the consistency of performance with Chelsea rubbed off on his international form, as Moses produced for the Super Eagles at a level not glimpsed since 2013’s Afcon triumph.

Going forward, he has been the thrusting force of Gernot Rohr’s counterattacking team, and put on clinics in three of the first four World Cup qualifying matches to put Nigeria in pole position in the Group of Death. It was a position they would not vacate.

Wilfred Ndidi

Leicester were in a strange place in January of 2017. By then, it was already clear they would not be mounting anything close to a respectable title defence. Part of that had to do with the sheer improbability of the achievement of 2016, and part was to do with the loss of midfield dynamo N’Golo Kante.

So when they turned to Genk’s Ndidi, there was understandably a lot of pressure on the youngster to deliver immediately, and restore some semblance of order to a team teetering on the edge of chaos.

If the then 20-year-old felt any pressure, he did not show it. Ndidi has, in just over a year with the Foxes, turned into a household name, and not simply because his surname is eminently pun-able.

Ndidi stats | 2016-17

From crunching tackles to boundless energy to mollusc-like limbs intercepting and hoovering up loose balls to long-range piledrivers. It has been one hell of a ride for the young Nigerian midfielder. Kante will remain in Leicester hearts for a dreamy title run, but purely in terms of his numbers on the pitch, he has been handily replaced by Ndidi.

It was also the year in which Ndidi made himself a regular in midfield for the Super Eagles. Now, it is hard to remember a time when he wasn’t prowling that zone in front of the defence in tandem with Ogenyi Onazi. For the team’s style, there is a good argument that Ndidi is Nigeria’s most important player.

For a player who only turned 21, that is hugely impressive.

Anthony Okpotu

Nicknamed ‘The Panther’, the swarthy Lobi hitman was the talk of the Nigeria Professional Football League in 2017.

Aside the identity of the league winner, the next biggest intrigue is whether the extant Golden Boot record of 23, held by Mfon Udoh, for goals can be broken.

Okpotu did not quite manage it in the end, but his duel with MFM’s Stephen Odey was quite the subplot. At one point, the Lobi striker trailed by as many as five goals, but impressively chased down his rival to finish with 19 goals, the last of which was a typically predatory strike against FC Ifeanyi Ubah on the final day of the season.

Two things stand out about that eventual total. The first is that only two were penalties, which serves to make it all the more impressive. The second is that he missed thrice from the spot, and so could have easily matched Udoh’s record.

That does not, of course, take away from his achievement and his consistency, especially in a league that often sees strikers struggle for precisely that.

Honourable mentions: Ogenyi Onazi, John Obi Mikel.

Favourite: Victor Moses

It may be a close-run thing, but he will just about shade Ndidi for the top award.

At the end of the day, attacking contributions are easier to see and to gauge, and the Super Eagles simply go up a couple of notches when Moses plays. Ndidi is more crucial for the system, but Moses elevates it.