the Comrade Mulade Sheriff Peace and Unity Cup also known Ijaw/Itsekiri Peace Cup will go home with the Sum of one million naira, while the second position team will go with 700 thousand naira and third position 500 thousand naira respectively and other consolation prizes to be won.
The Local Organizing Committee, has also outlined and released rules and regulations for teams, officials, fans and supporters of the eight teams that will be participating in the competition.
The teams are encouraged to adhere strictly with the regulations, the local Organizing Committee has introduced mouth watering incentives as well as awards that will push the players to go beyond their self believe and produce breath taking performances that will uplift the standard of the competition as against the previous editions.
IJAW/IT’SEKIRI PEACE AND UNITY CUP OTHERWISE KNOWN AS COMRADE MULADE SHERIFF PEACE AND UNITY CUP RULES AND REGULATIONS are as follows:
1. THE COMPETITION IS FOR IJAW/ITSEKIRI INDIGENCES’
2. ALL MATCHES HOLDS AT TWO CENTERS’
3. EACH MATCH STARTS AS INDICATED IN THE FIXTURES. PRE- MATCH HOLDS AT EACH CENTER AN HOUR TO THE KICK- OFF
4. EACH TEAM IS TO BRING TWO (2) MATCH BALLS TO MATCH VENUE ON EACH DAY OF MATCH
5. ALL PARTICIPATING TEAMS MUST PROVIDE A VALID ID-CARD OF THEIR PLAYERS BEFORE PARTICIPATING AND EVERY PARTICIPATING PLAYER MUST BE REGISTERED INDIGENES OF THE COMMUNITY
6. A TEAM SHALL NOT BE MORE THAN TWENTY (20) PLAYERS
7. YELLOW CARD ATTRACTS N 500 WHILE RED CARD ATTRACTS N 1,000. THIS MUST BE PAID IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE MATCH OR BEFORE THE NEXT MATCH
8. A PLAYER WHO RECEIVED TWO YELLOW CARDS AT DIFFERENT MATCH DURING THE COMPETITION AUTOMATICALLY MISSES THE NEXT MATCH, WHILE A PLAYER WITH RED CARD MISSES THE NEXT MATCH. A PLAYER OR OFFICIAL WHO RECEIVED A RED CARD DURING A MATCH WILL MANDATORY MISS THE NEXT MATCH.
9. ONLY 12 MEMBERS OF EACH TEAM SHALL SIT AT THE RESERVE BENCH, SHALL BE PROPERLY DRESSED IN ACCEPTABLE SPORT ATTIRE
10. ALL MATCHES LAST FOR 80 MINUTES FULL TIME I.E 40 MINUTES EACH HALF WITH MINUTES REST INTERVAL, BUT IN QUARTER FINAL, SEMIFINAL, AND FINAL STAGES IN CASE OF DRAW MATCHES AT FULL TIME WE WILL GO INTO PENALTY SHOOT-OUT.
11. ONLY THREE SUBSTITUTES ARE ALLOWED IN ANY GIVEN GAME OF THE COMPETITION AND THIS MUST BE BEFORE THE END OF THE GAME (FULL TIME), CHANGES ARE NOT ALLOWED DURING PENALTY SHOOT-OUT.
12. INTIMIDATION /HARASSMENT OF MATCH OFFICIALS BY SUPPORTERS/FANS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER MATCH ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND SUCH TEAM WILL FACE L.O.C DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE.
13. ALL PROTEST FROM TEAM RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OR RESULT OF ANY MATCH SHALL BE FORWARDED IN WRITING TO THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF THE IJAW/IT’SEKIRI PEACE AND UNITY CUP WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER THE MATCH, AND ACCOMPANIED BY A SUM OF N 5000 NAIRA ONLY. (NON- REFUNDABLE AND A COPY OF THE PROTEST SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE TEAM AGAINST WHOM THE PROTEST IS DIRECTED BY THE L.O.C.
14. A MATCH SHALL NOT BE POSTPONED OR DELAYED AS A RESULT OF PROTEST, UNLESS IT IS RELATED TO THE GROUND BEING UNSAFE FOR PLAY.
15. In case of any clash in Jersey colours, the home team will change their Jersey
16. THE DECISION OF LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OF THE IJAW/ITSEKIRI PEACE AND UNITY CUP ON ANY ISSUE SHALL BE THE FINAL AND BIDDING ON ALL PARTIES AND SHALL NOT BE SUBJECTED OF LITIGATION IN COURT OR OTHERWISE
16. ALL REGISTERED OR PARTICIPATING TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN THE OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONY OF THE COMPETITION.
WISHING ALL TEAM THE BEST SPORTING REGARDS.
They noted that Prizes for the Ijaw/Itsekiri Peace & Unity Cup Tournament are
1st Prize ₦1,000,000.00
2nd Prize ₦700,000.00, 3rd ₦500,000.00