Sport!!! Kieran Trippier, A 28-Year Old Defender Set To Join Atletico Madrid | MainNews Blog


By Abiola Clemo

A great Tottenham’s England right-back Kieran Trippier is close to completing a £20m move to Atletico Madrid. According to the source, the 28-year-old footballer joined Spurs from Burnley in June 2015 and has played more than 100 times for the club, with his last appearance coming in the Champions League final in June.

Kieran Trippier later admitted, he was not sure he would see out his contract, which was due to expire in 2022.

The player would become Atletico’s third major defensive signing of the summer. Reveals from Coach Diego Simeone has already recruited centre-back Felipe from Porto and left-back Renan Lodi from Brazilian side Athletico Paranaense.

However, with Portugal striker Joao Felix brought in for £113m and midfielder Marcos Llorente arriving from city rivals Real for about £36m, Trippier’s arrival would bring Atletico’s total transfer spend so far this summer to in excess of £170m.

Advertisements

Aiteo Cup: Delta Queens Intensifies Training Ahead Of Saturday’s Encounter


ASABA) Delta Queens Football Club Asaba, will on Saturday file up against Olori babes Of Warri in an FA cup encounter scheduled to kick off at 12noon at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba.To this end, the head coach of the 2006 FA Champions coach George Emenetie said the team has intensified training and are doing everything possible to ensure a win.

He said result against Olori babes is very vital as it will be the first competitive game for the Okowa babes this season adding that a win will futher boost the high spirit amongs the newly assembled team.In a chat with the team’s media officer Oris Esima-Aniretan, He said going by records, the team could be favourite on papers to walk away with a win on saturday, but the side is more focused on the now and is taking each game seriously and not undermining any of their opponent.

Coach Emenetie who expressed confidence on his girls also thanked the management for support in encouraging the girls.Queens Football Club of Asaba, in 2006,at the Abakaliki Township stadium
defeated a hard fighting Bayelsa Queens FC of Yenagoa by five goals to three(Penalty, after 1-1 at full time) in the finals of the FA cup then known as
the Female Challenge Cup.They were also Female FA cup holders in 2004, and back to back Winners in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Breaking: Inter Milan Coined Antonio Conte As Their New Coach, Replaced Luciano Spaletti


By Clario James

This were reveals, Antonio Conte was this morning announced as the new head coach of Internazionale, replacing Luciano Spaletti, who ffficially dismissed on yesterday.

As in this, its marks the return of Conte to management, foltoewing his sacking by Chelsea last July as well as the protracted and quite unseemly 10-month legal battle that followed over severance payments.

However, but that nonsense is now over, with Chelsea reportedly agreeing in arbitration to pay in full the £9m compensation that was due, and all involved could move on with their lives.

According to the reports, Conte will certainly have his work cut out for him at Inter, who are far from the dominant force in Italian football that they once were. It is however a rather typical Conte assignment: another reclamation project at a fallen iant. After his successes at Juventus and Chelsea, and in some measure, the Italian national team as well, it would be hard to bet against him repeating that same trick with the Nerazzurri.

Inter did manage to qualify for next year’s Champions League by scraping into fourth place in quite literally the last ten minutes of the season.

SPORT NEWS!!! Joao Felix Has Been Handed His First Call-up To The Portugal Nations League Squad


By Goodluck Ekpo

Joao Felix has been handed his first call-up to the Portugal national team as the 2016 European Champions made their squad announcement for the Nations League finals on earlier Thursday.

The talented Benfica teenager is tipped as one of the best young players in Europe, while having netted 15 goals in 26 league appearances this season.

His displays and goal scoring prowess have led to speculation linking him to some of the strong teams like, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus, and the striker’s admirers could watch him take to the pitch alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, if he features for Portugal against Switzerland in the Nations League semi-final on June 5.

However, Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva was also included in the squad alongside Wolves quartet Rui Patricio, Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota.

Portugal squad in full below;

*Goalkeepers* : Beto, Rui Patricio, Jose Sa.

*Defenders* : Raphael Guerreiro, Mario Rui, Nelson Semedo, Joao Cancelo, Ruben Dias, Pepe, Jose Fonte.

*Midfielders* : Bruno Fernandes, Danilo Pereira, William Carvalho, Pizzi, Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho.

*Forwards* : Bernardo Silva, Cristiano Ronaldo, Diogo Jota, Dyego Sousa, Joao Felix, Goncalo Guedes, Rafa Silva.

SPORT NEWS!!! FIFA Scraps Plans For 48 Team In 2022 World Cup, Qater


Football’s world governing body announced on Wednesday, that FIFA has given up on its efforts to expand the 2022 World Cup to 48 teams.

“The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 will therefore remain as originally planned with 32 teams and no proposal will be submitted at the next FIFA Congress on 5 June,” a FIFA statement read on Thursday.

“FIFA had been exploring if logistical and political complexities could be overcome to expand the tournament from 32 to 48 teams, which would have required at least one more country being used in the Persian Gulf to accommodate an additional 16 matches in the region”

However, a FIFA internal report had already concluded that the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia could not join as co-hosts unless they restore the economic and travel ties with Qatar that were severed two years ago.

So therefore, that means the World Cup will not be expanded until 2026, with FIFA already having approved a format with 48 teams for that tournament in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

SPORT NEWS: Bayern Munich Crowned 7th Consecutive Bundesliga Title | Main News


By Clement Eninidi

The Bayern Munich Football Club, have been crowned Bundesliga champions for the seventh time in a row after beating Eintracht Frankfurt in the last game of the season.

Niko Kovac’s team held a two-point lead at the top of the German top flight heading into match day 34 and a superior goal difference to Borussia Dortmund, meaning a draw would have been enough to seal the crown even if their nearest challengers won at Borussia Monchengladbach.

However, there was very little doubt Allianz Arena, as the reigning champions wasted little time in getting their advantage with Kingsley Coman scoring just four minutes into the match.

There was a great worry as late in the first half, a Serge Gnabry goal was ruled out after VAR review, while Frankfurt found an equaliser early in the second half of the game through Sebastien Haller.

And With Dortmund leading through Jadon Sancho, another Frankfurt goal without Bayern reply would have put the champions under threat and fear.

But just three minutes after Haller’s equalised, David Alaba found the back of the net to restore the advantage and Bayern never looked back.

To follow Football on MainNews.Blog

Ad to your group: +2348153164013

SPORT: Juventus Confirmed Massimiliano Allegri, Says He Will Leave The Club By The End Of The Season


The great Italian boss’ future has been in question since being dumped out of the Champions League at the hands of Ajax, with the Italian champions having been firmly among the favourites to lift the crown.

This was indeed, two finals have been reached during Allegri’s five-year spell at the club and the arrival or Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer was seen as the final piece of the puzzle required for the Old Lady to go all the way.

While he having failed to do so, the Bianconeri and the 51-year-old are set to part ways in the summer. A statement on the club’s website reads:

Massimiliano Allegri will not sit on the Juventus bench in the 2019-2020 season.”

However, No statements have been made by either party as to where Allegri – who has won five Scudetti, four Coppa Italia trophies and two Supercoppa Italiana titles during his time in Turin – will end up next season.