The member representing Warri Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Hon. Chief Thomas Ereyitomi JP has joined Deltans and other lover of democracy to congratulate the Governor of Delta State Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa on his reaffirmation as the duly certified elected governor of Delta state at the March 9, 2019 INEC conducted governorship election across the country.
Chief Ereyitomi while Congratulating Governor Okowa said reaffirmation of Dr. Okowa’s victory by the election tribunal Friday September 20, 2019 at Asaba stands as a sign that indeed Deltans voted MASSIVELY for Dr. Okowa and Peoples Democratic Party in every areas of the state.
The Warri federal lawmaker expressed delight that with the victory of Senator Okowa at the tribunal Deltans should rally round the administration and shun distracting the government with issues that are not feasible and join effort with the ruling PDP government in Delta state to develop the state.
He urged Deltans to always believe in PDP for that’s good for Delta State at all times which they have witnessed giant strides of development across the nooks and cronies of the state.
The federal parliamentarian, Hon. Ereyitomi JP commended Dr. Okowa for his focus in carrying out landmark projects in all parts of the state.
The member representing Warri Federal Constituency: Warri South, Warri South-West and Warrj North in the House of Representatives, Hon. Chief Thomas Ereyitomi JP has sponsored and supported the training of over 1,500 youths of Warri Federal constituency in the digital skills training programme in order to improve on the capacity of the youths of the federal constituency.
Chief Ereyitomi while declaring the program open disclosed that the world is undergoing a digital revolution, nothing that statistics shows that Nigeria has over 86 million persons have access to the internet which presents a lot of opportunities that can only be put into good use through requisite digital knowledge and skills.
The Warri Federal parliamentarian who was represented at the event by his Senior Legislative Aide, Alex Gbiwen, Esq. said Hon. Chief Ereyitomi believes the youths are the ‘future of tomorrow’, urging them to rise up to the present economic realities in the country.
He charged the youths and other Warri Federal constituents to shun social vices such as youth restiveness and internet fraud.
Facilitator at the program Miss Joy Okafor trained the youths and others on how to “get website, how to market your goods online and knowledge about computer”.
Some beneficiaries expressed joy and appreciated the member representing Warri Federal Constituency Chief Chief Ereyitomi for the opportunity given them.
The federal lawmaker representing Warri Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives , Hon. Chief Thomas Ereyitomi JP has felicitated with Warri Federal constituency, Deltans and Nigerians as they celebrate the 59th independence anniversary of Nigeria, he as well charged Nigerians to consolidate on the Democratic gains achieved so far since after independence.
Chief Ereyitomi JP in his goodwill message to Nigerians congratulated all good hearted people in the country who want democracy to survive to keep on working hard for its sustainability.
He urged Nigerians to pray for peace and unity among all ethnic groups irrespective of political affiliation, religion, tribe and move the country forward with well spirited agenda for progress at all times.
The member representing Warri South, Warri South-West and Warri North at the National Assembly expressed joy for Nigerian democracy, advocates for more federal government presence to the Niger Delta as well as Delta state and the entire country in order to enjoy equal rights, fairness and equity in the country..
The residents of Ubeji have blasted Governor Ifeanyi Okowa saying he has failed to fulfil his campaign promise to Ubeji community in Warri South Local Government Area over total abandonment of Ubeji road.
Residents of Ubeji, Mr. Tuoyo Princewill, Temi Gbara and others while lamenting their pains to our correspondents, said Governor Okowa when he came to Warri Wednesday January 10, 2019 to campaign for his second term he assured of completing and commissioning of Ubeji road by March 2019 as part of his development strides in Warri.
They however wondered why he has vehemently refused and abandoned completely the huge economic viable access to Warri economy and Delta state at large, they are wondering if a popular Governor called “Ekwueme’ in his first tenure has decided not to be called so suddenly in his second tenure.
Ubeji is the gate way to several oil and gas depots in Warri South as well as host to NGC, NNPC, PPMC as well as road to Big Warri the traditional aborigine of all Itsekiri nation.
However, they are appealing to Dr. Okowa to come to their aide by ordering the contractor to come to back to site because they are exposed to danger of tankers carrying oil and gas from depots from possible explosion in order to safe lives and properties.
It was earlier reported that the leader of Ondo State One Voice Youth (OSOVI) Mr. Nigbeke Perekontei, popularly known as PJay West, sent a pleading message to President Mohamadu Buhari and the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to reembark on the bridge project that it has been awarded, in the then President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s era, Located at Agadagba-Obon to Arogbo, Ese-Odo local government area of Ondo state, Nigeria.
This was made available to MainNews early hour of today 28th of September 2019, were PJay West and some members of OSOVI, across the state, celebrating the ongoing 2019 Arogbo Ijaw-Ibe day Festival at the ancient city of Arogbo.
In a statement signed by the leader of OSOVI, Mr. Nigbeke Perekontei says that, “let the president of Nigeria use his good office and the NDDC will remember the abandoned bridge/Road project and including it on their next budget”. He pleaded.
According to him, in September 2012, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) awarded a contract for the construction of Agadagba-Obon To Arogbo Bridge, Road with spur to Arogbo – Agwobiri to Egbesubiri phase to Piccolo – Brunelli Engendering limited with completion period of fifty two weaks.
He noted that, the project aimed at connecting the Ijaw Oil – Oil bearing riverine communities of Ondo state to the mainland to each age long transportation challenge of the people, boosting their economic activities and making life more conducive has become an illusion owning to the abandoned contract.
the Comrade Mulade Sheriff Peace and Unity Cup also known Ijaw/Itsekiri Peace Cup will go home with the Sum of one million naira, while the second position team will go with 700 thousand naira and third position 500 thousand naira respectively and other consolation prizes to be won.
The Local Organizing Committee, has also outlined and released rules and regulations for teams, officials, fans and supporters of the eight teams that will be participating in the competition.
The teams are encouraged to adhere strictly with the regulations, the local Organizing Committee has introduced mouth watering incentives as well as awards that will push the players to go beyond their self believe and produce breath taking performances that will uplift the standard of the competition as against the previous editions.
IJAW/IT’SEKIRI PEACE AND UNITY CUP OTHERWISE KNOWN AS COMRADE MULADE SHERIFF PEACE AND UNITY CUP RULES AND REGULATIONS are as follows:
1. THE COMPETITION IS FOR IJAW/ITSEKIRI INDIGENCES’
2. ALL MATCHES HOLDS AT TWO CENTERS’
3. EACH MATCH STARTS AS INDICATED IN THE FIXTURES. PRE- MATCH HOLDS AT EACH CENTER AN HOUR TO THE KICK- OFF
4. EACH TEAM IS TO BRING TWO (2) MATCH BALLS TO MATCH VENUE ON EACH DAY OF MATCH
5. ALL PARTICIPATING TEAMS MUST PROVIDE A VALID ID-CARD OF THEIR PLAYERS BEFORE PARTICIPATING AND EVERY PARTICIPATING PLAYER MUST BE REGISTERED INDIGENES OF THE COMMUNITY
6. A TEAM SHALL NOT BE MORE THAN TWENTY (20) PLAYERS
7. YELLOW CARD ATTRACTS N 500 WHILE RED CARD ATTRACTS N 1,000. THIS MUST BE PAID IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE MATCH OR BEFORE THE NEXT MATCH
8. A PLAYER WHO RECEIVED TWO YELLOW CARDS AT DIFFERENT MATCH DURING THE COMPETITION AUTOMATICALLY MISSES THE NEXT MATCH, WHILE A PLAYER WITH RED CARD MISSES THE NEXT MATCH. A PLAYER OR OFFICIAL WHO RECEIVED A RED CARD DURING A MATCH WILL MANDATORY MISS THE NEXT MATCH.
9. ONLY 12 MEMBERS OF EACH TEAM SHALL SIT AT THE RESERVE BENCH, SHALL BE PROPERLY DRESSED IN ACCEPTABLE SPORT ATTIRE
10. ALL MATCHES LAST FOR 80 MINUTES FULL TIME I.E 40 MINUTES EACH HALF WITH MINUTES REST INTERVAL, BUT IN QUARTER FINAL, SEMIFINAL, AND FINAL STAGES IN CASE OF DRAW MATCHES AT FULL TIME WE WILL GO INTO PENALTY SHOOT-OUT.
11. ONLY THREE SUBSTITUTES ARE ALLOWED IN ANY GIVEN GAME OF THE COMPETITION AND THIS MUST BE BEFORE THE END OF THE GAME (FULL TIME), CHANGES ARE NOT ALLOWED DURING PENALTY SHOOT-OUT.
12. INTIMIDATION /HARASSMENT OF MATCH OFFICIALS BY SUPPORTERS/FANS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER MATCH ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND SUCH TEAM WILL FACE L.O.C DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE.
13. ALL PROTEST FROM TEAM RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OR RESULT OF ANY MATCH SHALL BE FORWARDED IN WRITING TO THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF THE IJAW/IT’SEKIRI PEACE AND UNITY CUP WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER THE MATCH, AND ACCOMPANIED BY A SUM OF N 5000 NAIRA ONLY. (NON- REFUNDABLE AND A COPY OF THE PROTEST SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE TEAM AGAINST WHOM THE PROTEST IS DIRECTED BY THE L.O.C.
14. A MATCH SHALL NOT BE POSTPONED OR DELAYED AS A RESULT OF PROTEST, UNLESS IT IS RELATED TO THE GROUND BEING UNSAFE FOR PLAY.
15. In case of any clash in Jersey colours, the home team will change their Jersey
16. THE DECISION OF LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OF THE IJAW/ITSEKIRI PEACE AND UNITY CUP ON ANY ISSUE SHALL BE THE FINAL AND BIDDING ON ALL PARTIES AND SHALL NOT BE SUBJECTED OF LITIGATION IN COURT OR OTHERWISE
16. ALL REGISTERED OR PARTICIPATING TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN THE OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONY OF THE COMPETITION.
WISHING ALL TEAM THE BEST SPORTING REGARDS.
They noted that Prizes for the Ijaw/Itsekiri Peace & Unity Cup Tournament are
1st Prize ₦1,000,000.00
2nd Prize ₦700,000.00, 3rd ₦500,000.00
Election petition tribunal seating in Asaba Delta State capital was on Friday September 6, 2019 upholds the election of the elected member representing Warri Federal Constituency Hon. Chief Thomas Ereyitomi JP as the duly elected occupant of the Warri federal constituency seat and dismissed the petition filled by the former reps member Hon. Daniel Reyenieju.
While upholding the election of Chief Ereyitomi JP, the Tribunal agreed with the objections filed by the Counsel to PDP and Chief Thomas Ereyitomi respectively on the incompetence of the Petition, the PDP had argued that since SDP the Petitioner’s Party had opted out from the start, the Petitioners Petition could no longer be sustained in view of the fact that it was commenced on oath as a joint Petition. The other option for the Petitioners would have been to amend but the time within which do so had elapsed and no extension of time is permitted by the sui generis nature of election petitions.
Though in addition apart from the technical defect of the petition, the Tribunal proceeded to examine the matter on the merit of it, and pronounced judgment on merit and found out that the evidence of the Respondents preponderated over that of the PETITIONER.